The DEADLINE for submitting
is: July 2nd, 2023
Author Video Upload Guide
SmartNets 2023 will be hybrid and authors could present their work virtually if they are not able to travel.
At least one author will need to be available online after their videos are played to answer Q&A from conference participants moderated by the respective Session Chairs.
Talks will be pre-recorded and submitted as MP4 video files to be replayed during the conference.
When preparing the video file of your talk, please make sure that:
·the duration of the video file for Regular papers: 10 minutes
the final manuscript is uploaded prior to uploading the pre-recorded presentation.
To upload your pre-recorded video (.mp4) to EDAS:
o First log onto EDAS and click on your accepted paper.
o Under: “Presentation Upload” right below the submitted “Final Manuscript”.
o Click the cloud icon/ From there, follow the instructions to upload your presentation by September 05, 2021.
You have two upload options:
Choose File: If your file is under 200 MB, please upload using the “Choose File” button. Once the file name is listed, please click “Upload MP4 Video”.
URL: If you MP4 file is over 200 MB, please input a Dropbox or Google Drive directory URL into the text field. Once the URL is listed, please click “Upload MP4 Video”. Please note that the link must be a direct download link. Shared drive links will not upload.
· File Format: MPEG-4 (.mp4) file (use the normal H.264 video and AAC audio codecs)
· Video Size: HD (1280 x 720 or other “720p” setting)
· Audio Quality: please double check your files before submitting to make sure the audio is clear and audible!
Instructions For Video Recordings
Videos should contain a prominent view of the presentation slides along with audio of the spoken presentation. Optionally videos may contain a shot of the speaker’s head for increased engagement. (This shot should be thumbnail-sized and overlayed on the slide images as shown HERE).
A presentation software allows recording audio and video directly in the application and can export appropriate video files. Please see the notes below for detailed instructions for PowerPoint and. If you use a different application, please see the notes under Other Options.
1. Follow these instructions to add audio (and optionally video) to your slides.
2. Follow these instructions to generate a MPEG-4 (.mp4) file from your slides and audio/video.
2. As a last resort, and only if you are comfortable directly editing video, you can export your slides as images, record an audio track, and combine the two using software like kdenlive, iMovie, or others.
Do not hesitate to contact us ([email protected]) for any further information you may need.